If you do not find the answer to your question on this page, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT #O11YCON?
o11ycon was a participatory, interactive, one-day conference about software observability, with talks, workshops, discussions, and show-and-tells. This is an experiment: we want to see what happens when we mix a bunch of thoughtful and interesting practitioners together.
Are you following us on twitter? Look for updates as we share our findings and take-aways.
WHERE IS #O11YCON HAPPENING?
We will be at The Pearl, 601 19th St, San Francisco, CA. Doors open at 8AM and we’ll be wrapping up for our after celebration around 6PM.
IS THERE A CALL FOR PAPERS?
Yes! We had some great presentations for our Call For Failure – we will be posting slides and videos when they are available.
HOW DO YOU PRONOUNCE “o11y”?
ol·ly \ˈä-lē \ – “olly” or technically “observability”. The 11 represents the 11 letters between o and y in “observability”.
WHAT IS AN OPEN SPACE-STYLE DISCUSSION?
(OSSD in the schedule)
Open spaces are a facilitated free-form discussion methodology where the attendees create the discussion agenda and goals. We are adapting this methodology for o11ycon so we can have group discussions with some structure.
Four principles apply to open space discussions:
- Whoever comes is the right people (yes! that’s you!)
- Whatever happens is the only thing that could’ve (we’re here for the ride with you.)
- When it starts is the right time (we do have scheduled timeslots for discussions, so we’re leaving this aside.)
- When it’s over, it’s over (because we have a full-day agenda, we’re time-boxing these discussions, but we want your voice to be heard, so speak up!)
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO #O11YCON?
Besides yourself and boundless enthusiasm? We highly recommend:
- your laptop (or portable computer device of choice) and charging cable
- business or contact information to share with the wonderful contacts you’ll make
- We are also attempting as little waste as possible. Please consider bringing a reusable water bottle.
WILL THERE BE FOOD AT #O11YCON?
A light continental breakfast is included as well as lunch with vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options. Expect snacks all day and an after event to celebrate at the end.
IS THERE PARKING FOR THE EVENT?
There is no dedicated parking for the event. The Pearl is in the up-and-coming Dogpatch neighborhood of San Francisco. You will see construction teams on many corners.
We highly recommend participants to carpool, use shuttle services, or take public transit to The Pearl which is located at the corner of 3rd St. and 19th St.
From SFO/South Bay:
- The 22nd Street Caltrain Stop is a 9 minute walk from The Pearl.
From San Francisco:
Muni Metro lines that service the neighborhood are
From OAK/East Bay:
- From the Embarcadero BART Station transfer to the T-Third Street Muni Metro Line
- From the 16th St Mission BART Station transfer to the 22-Filmore bus line