o11ycon would not have been such a success without the help of those who volunteered to brave the stage and present for our Call For Failures and OSSD group findings.
Videos will be posted soon, but for now, here are the presentation slides.
During our lunch break we had short presentations from our Call For Failures.
- Observing when it pays off to do nothing by Rfong
- AWS Lambda Cost Failure (and more…) by Nitzan Shapira
- Of high Stakes and Stacks An Observability war story by Or Weis
- Debugging Across Hardware and Software Boundaries by Ilica Mahajan
- It’s the network, right? by Mike Atkins
- I Took Down Our Entire Global Server Population by Michael Wolf
- Starting To See The Unseen by Jonathan Medhanie
After our two sessions of open space-style discussions we wrapped the afternoon up with each group being represented by a volunteer presenter talking about their group’s findings and take-aways.
o11y for non-engineers/non-experts presented by Dirk Gadsen
Testing in Production presented by Or Weis
Testing in Production presented by David Mendelovitz
Making Observability Easier to Implement presented by
Tying Observability to Business Goals presented by Ben Hartshorne
Observability & Tracing presented by Nitzan Shapira
Observability & On-Call presented by Ezra Stevens
Creating a Culture of o11y presented by Paul Czarkowski
Observability Driven Development presented by Anca Mosoiu
Observability & Monitoring:
Onboarding with Observability presented by Colin Curtin
Serverless Observability presented by Erez Berkner
On-call and #PagerLife presented by Franklin Webber